ARRIVING AT THE POOL
- Parents and swimmers please wait in your cars until 5 minutes before the start of your lesson.
- Children come to the pool beach ready (already in swimwear, hat and goggles) with any over layers removed, to be left with their parent/guardian.
- Swimmers must not enter the pool until they are instructed to by the lifeguard. Please remain in the corridor behind the double doors and children will be called in to the pool area when their teacher is ready for them.
- Swimmers are encouraged to use the toilet before their lesson, on their way to poolside.
- Strictly ONE parent/guardian per family to sit in the seat assigned to them by the lifeguard, however spectators are encouraged to wait in the car if possible.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to wear a face mask when moving throughout the building. This can be removed when seated on poolside.
- Outdoor shoes are strictly forbidden unless covered by blue overshoes. Preferably, please bring a pair of flip flops or aqua shoes with the sole purpose of wearing them on poolside.
- Please respect that many spectators will appreciate you maintaining social distancing.
- No congregation of swimmers (or parents/guardians) in hallways and changing rooms before, after or during lessons. Please enter and leave the building swiftly.
- One-way systems are in operation when moving between classes.
- There is a strict one way system to be followed through the changing rooms and pool hall.
- Outdoor shoes must not be worn on poolside.
- Bins will be emptied and cleaned every evening.
- Lesson equipment will be sterilised after each lesson.
- Swimmers should cough or sneeze into elbow.
- Door handles, toilets and changing room benches will be disinfected regularly.
- Doors will be left open where possible.
- Water bottles should be clearly marked with child’s name and not shared between friends.
- All belongings must be taken home at the end of your child’s lesson.
- Teaching equipment will be removed and sanitised after each lesson.
- Teachers will be provided with PPE if requested.
- Wellness checks will be completed for teachers each day.
- Participants and or family members exhibiting any symptoms of the illness are not permitted in the pool.
- If a swimmer or a teacher exhibits any symptoms during the class, they will be isolated until picked up to go home.